Sunday, February 21, 2010

There is nothing like being on a trapeze.

It is the most painful thing I have experienced but the only place where I feel free.

I sit on the metal bar and let myself fall backwards, catching myself by only my ankles.

There is a bruise on a strange part of my foot that only the lacing of boots have ever known the place of.

When I fall in this position, my head is six inches from the ground. I can touch the floor with my hand. When I look straight up, it is the floor I see, spinning in circles as I spin myself from my single point trapeze.

Black, swirling. Dust on the floor, a foot print..

To bring myself up is dizzying, a red hot flash and then suddenly, it's cool and breezy again as the blood leaves the inverted position of my head and a breeze swirls around me as I lean back, distributing my weight, slowing the spin. I clench my body close to itself again and it spins faster.

Spreading out slower.

Twisting, faster.

Rope comprised of many thin threads supports me.

A different kind of weaving.

No comments:

Post a Comment